COI LERAY HAS ANOTHER VIRAL HIT ON HER HANDS WITH “PLAYERS”
NEW REMIXES WITH DJ SMALLZ 732 JERSEY CLUB REMIX AVAILABLE ON ALL DSP’S NOW
“The track has a playful swagger, and a relatively straightforward, if potent, message: “Girls is players, too.”– New York Times“Coi's new song is for the ladies as she affirms that women can have the lifestyle of their dreams without the help of a man.” – E! Online “On her latest single, “Players,” Leray takes control of the game, and embraces her inner player.” – Uproxx “When you have as much confidence as Coi Leray possesses on “Players,” you can’t help but latch on to every bar.” – Consequence
15 DECEMBER 2022 (TORONTO, ON) – Multi-platinum superstar Coi Leray recently unleashed a new song “Players” which instantly exploded on social media with dance challenges and fan engaged versions of the song. Today she added the Jersey Club Remix of “Players” by DJ Smallz 732 to all digital streaming platforms via Uptown Records/Republic Records/Universal Music Canada, the country’s leading music company. Listen to “Players” (DJ Smallz 732 Jersey Club Remix) —HERE. Listen to “Players”—HERE. As an early adopter of teasing music via TikTok, Coi Leray has been praised for her mastery of the platform. With her new song “Players,” she shared a preview on TikTok, and it instantly attracted over 5 million views. Once the audio was officially released it blasted off like a rocket with over 3 million cumulative streams in two weeks and popular remixes. Most notably DJ Smallz 732 created a Jersey Club Remix that received over 250 million views and nearly 400 thousand video creates on TikTok. The original song features a sample of “The Message” by Grandmaster Flash & Furious Five. Coi Leray rips through one bold and braggadocious bar after another, exuding confidence and charisma. It pops off with the instantly unshakable hook as she proves, “‘Cause girls is players too.” Upon release, it received critical acclaim from The New York Times, Rolling Stone, E! News, Essence, XXL and more. It simultaneously jumped to the top of numerous popular playlists on streaming platforms including #OnRepeat on Apple Music and Feelin Myself on Spotify. Additionally “Players” has entered the charts. On Apple Music it's dominating at #1 in New York City, Top 20 United States, and Top 200 Global Songs. While on Shazam it’s also having success as #1 on the New York City Top 50 and entered at #46 on the Top 200 Songs chart. “Players” lands in the wake of “Fly Sh!t,” which has already raked in over 9 million cumulative streams. Right out of the gate, Our Generation Music noted, “At this point, it feels like every track Leray previews seems to immediately blow up across social media. If she keeps pumping out addictive tracks like ‘Fly Sh!t,’ her fan base is bound to grow as she does as an artist.” Meanwhile, Rap Radar summed the track up best, “It’s going down.” Everything just paves the way for more music from Coi Leray soon. Adding model to her resume, Coi Leray has stepped into the forefront as an editorial powerhouse. i-D Magazine put their lens on the photogenic star for the The Royalty Issue of the Winter Magazine and stated, “she’s ready to make an indelible mark on the culture and become a household name.” Elsewhere V Magazine included her in their Winter issue in an interview with the legendary Angie Martinez titled, “Caught up in the rapture of Coi Leray.” This year, Coi has come into her own as one of the most exciting live performers of her era. She recently ignited the stages at Houston Pride, WOO HAH! X Rolling Loud, Longitude Festival, and Rolling Loud Portugal, to name a few. She was recently announced on the lineup for Rolling Loud California taking over Inglewood in March 2023. Coi Leray recently released her highly anticipated debut album, TRENDSETTER which received critical acclaim. Listen to TRENDSETTER—HERE.
Coi Leray Highlights:
- “No More Parties” RIAA 2X platinum-certified
- “Big PURR(Prrdd)” ft. Pooh Shiesty RIAA gold-certified
- “TWINNEM” 6+ million video creates + 19 billion views + 100 million global streams.
- “Blick Blick” with Nicki Minaj peaked #1 on Apple iTunes in 16 countries
- “Blick Blick” with Nicki Minaj debuted #1 on Billboard’s Digital Song Sales Chart
- “Blick Blick” with Nicki Minaj debuted on Top 10 TikTok US Top Tracks chart
- “Blick Blick” with Nicki Minaj is Coi’s second Billboard Hot 100 Top 40 Hit and Highest Debuting Career Single
- TRENDSETTER is the biggest first week for a debut album by a female Hip-Hop artist in the U.S. this year
- Approaching 3 BILLION global streams and counting
- XXL’s highly coveted 2021 Freshman Class cover
- 2021 Late-night television debut on NBC’s The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Nominated for “Favorite Female Hip-Hop Artist” 2021 American Music Awards
- Nominated for “Best Female Hip-Hop Artist” & “Best New Artist” 2021 BET Awards
- Nominated for “Female Rapper of the Year” & “Best New Artist of the Year” 2022 XXL Awards
- Nominated for “Best New Hip-Hop Artist of the Year” & “TikTok Bop of the Year”2022 iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Rolling Stone’s “Breakthrough 25,” Billboard’s “Emerging Artists,” iHeartRadio’s “On The Verge,” and YouTube’s “Artist On The Rise”
- Face of SKIMS “Cozy Collection” by Kim Kardashian West.
- Completed the sold-out "Back Outside Tour" with Lil Baby and Lil Durk
About Republic Records: A division of Universal Music Group, the world's leading music company, Republic Records has been recognized by Billboard as the industry’s #1 label over the last 10 years. It is home to an all-star roster of multi-platinum, award-winning legends and superstar artists such as Ariana Grande, Billy Porter, Bo Burnham, Ciara, Clairo, Coi Leray, Conan Gray, Daddy Yankee, Drake, Eddie Vedder, G Herbo, Glass Animals, Florence + the Machine, Greta Van Fleet, Hailee Steinfeld, Jack Johnson, James Blake, James Bay, Jessie J, Jimmy Fallon, John Legend, John Mellencamp, Jonas Brothers, Julia Michaels, Kid Cudi, Kim Petras, Lil Wayne, Lorde, Metro Boomin, NAV, Nicki Minaj, Of Monsters and Men, Pearl Jam, Post Malone, Seth MacFarlane, Stevie Wonder, Swedish House Mafia, Taylor Swift, The Weeknd, Twice, TXT, and more. Founded by brothers and chief executives Monte and Avery Lipman, it is also comprised of innovative business ventures, including American Recordings, Boominati Worldwide, Brushfire, Casablanca Records, Cash Money, Federal Films, HYBE, Imperial, JYP, Lava Records, Mercury Records, Republic Records: Kids & Family, Republic Nashville, Universal Arabic Music, Uptown Records, Victor Victor, Wicked Money Family, XO, Young Money, among others.
Follow Coi Leray: